Monday, January 11, 2016

Welcome!

Welcome to the editor's blog for the Journal of Social, Behavioral, and Health Sciences (JSBHS). I am Dr. Lee Stadtlander, I just became the editor for the journal at the beginning of 2016. I am a very experienced blogger (see my dissertation blog at: http://phdrealities.blogspot.com/), and I look forward to the opportunity to share the insights I gain from being the editor with you. I also plan, in the future, to offer some interviews with authors and reviewers, sharing their experiences.


I can say after the first few weeks on the job, that I am surprised at the amount of details that are required to get everything going. The JSBHS is an online journal; therefore, articles are published as soon as they are accepted. There is definitely a learning curve in learning the software that is required to manage and publish articles. Other things I have done is update the journal's website, contact all listed Associate Editors and reviewers, and contact all of the administrative people who are involved in the journal's operation.
I plan to post here in the blog once a week or so, if you would like to be notified when that occurs, click the "follow by email" link. You will need a gmail account for it to work. Next time, I will discuss the steps involved in getting a paper published. Meanwhile, if you have any questions or ideas for the blog for me, feel free to email me at jsbhs@waldenu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment